How to Enrol
We know that you’ll love Cavendish Lodge Nursery and are very happy to show you around and explain what we do.
Apply for a place
Call us up to arrange a visit to the nursery (020 8835 8500). We run show rounds of the nursery on Wednesday and Friday mornings at 10am for a maximum of 3 families by appointment only. We look after children aged from 6 months to rising 5, for full days only and for a minimum of 2 days per week.
Once you’ve had a look around, we’ll give you an application folder which details the fees, arrangements and our terms and conditions. There’s also an application form for you to fill in and return to us with a £40.00 (non-refundable) registration fee. Once you’ve done this, you’ll be added to our waiting list. Getting onto the list is not a guarantee of a place, but it does mean we know that you are interested.
It varies how long you’ll need to wait before your child can start – sometimes it’s just a few weeks. The waiting list is ever changing as families move in and out of the area or children move up to big school. The sooner you apply, the better the chance of getting the days that you want. Monday and Friday are our quieter days and there is often slightly more availability then. Our criteria for allocating places are siblings first, full time places (where available) then date of application.
We are currently accepting applications for children aged 2 years and over only if you require attendance on Mondays and Fridays as our rooms are already full on the midweek days. We hope that this information will help save you disappointment and the £40 application fee. This could always change though, if children leave the nursery unexpectedly.
How our waiting list works
Families wanting a nursery place are added to a single waiting list, which operates across both of our sites. Once your name is on the list:
* We will be in regular contact to stay updated with your requirements.
* About 3 months before your requested start date, we will contact you to re-confirm your requirements.
* The offer of an available place is made 4-6 weeks before the start date, and is based on your specified days/start date. We may need to withdraw the offer if you change your requirements e.g. if you postpone the start date or if you are offered 3 days and only want to take 2 of them.
* Once you receive our written offer, you need to accept (or decline) in writing and pay the deposit amount stated on your invoice by return. If you do not do so, the place will be offered to the next family on the waiting list.
* If you decline a place, it does not count against you if you want to remain on the waiting list. However, you do then need to give us clear revised start date and required days, so that we can update our waiting list accurately.
* After you have accepted the place, you will be sent an invoice for a deposit of a month’s fees. This will be payable within 5 days to secure your child’s place. You will also be offered dates for 3 trial settling-in sessions and sent an enrolment form.
* Remember to let our admissions officer, Tara, know of any changes to your contact details or requirements, especially specific notice periods needed at any other childcare provider you are moving away from.